whenever my sister and i are together we love to try and make or create new recipes. this weekend, we really wanted make a bruschetta. we went to a local farmer’s market in scottsdale to pick up some fresh bread and other ingredients to throw on top! it ended up being a super delicious recipe that we will definitely be using again soon.
i wanted to share it on here as well (mostly so i don’t forget it) and because it think it’s just so pretty and fun. the ingredients and instructions are simple as well, which makes it even better.
- 3 ounces of pancetta (or any other cured meat)
- small log of mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces of sun dried tomato pesto (or your own favorite spread)
- 1 small basket of heirloom tomatoes
- 1 artisan loaf of bread
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- slice bread about 1 – 1.5 inches thick
- drizzle some olive oil over the bread and pop in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the top of the bread is begins to toast
- remove from the oven and spread pesto over the top
- layer cheese, cured meat and tomatoes
- bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese begins to reach the edge of the bread
and that’s it! i love this recipe because it’s so easy to replace these particular ingredients with other options. enjoy!